- Caribbean Medical University, Curacao
- International American University, St Lucia
- Ross University
The school has restarted the process. CAAM-HP awaits the documentation.
A site visit is scheduled to take place November 2014.
The second full site visit took place January 18-25, 2014. The members of the site visit were:
- Professor Samuel Leinster, Emeritus Professor of Medical Education, University of East Anglia, UK; Team Chair
- Professor Russell Pierre, Department of Child and Adolescent Health, The University of the West Indies, Mona Campus, Jamaica;Team Secretary
- Dr Stephen Ball, General Practitioner Principal, Penistone Group Practice, Sheffield, UK;
- Professor Robert Carroll, Professor of Physiology and Interim Associate Dean for Medical Education, Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University
- Dr Damian Cohall, Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, The University of the West Indies, Cave Hill Campus, Barbados
- Dr Rhonda Sealey Thomas, Chief Medical Officer, Ministry of Health, Antigua
A site visit has been scheduled for March 2-8, 2014.
- Professor Judy McKimm,Dean of Medical Education, College of Medicine, Swansea University; Team Chair
- Dr Alison Dobbie, Professor of Family Medicine, Senior Associate Dean for Medical Education, Ross University School of Medicine;
- Dr Christopher Cheeseman,Vice Provost, University of Alberta
- Dr Jerome Jones, Former Deputy Dean, Clinical, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of the West Indies, Cave Hill Campus, Barbados
- All American Institute of Medical Sciences (AAIMS), Jamaica
- American International Medical University (AIM-U), St Lucia
- Spartan Health Sciences University School of Medicine, St Lucia; second full site visit
- St George’s University, Grenada; third full site visit
- St James School of Medicine, Anguilla
- Trinity School of Medicine, St Vincent & The Grenadines
- University of Guyana School of Medicine; third full site visit
- Xavier University School of Medicine, Aruba; second full site visit
- The University of the West Indies (UWI) School of Dentistry, St Augustine, Trinidad
A second full site visit will take place October 2014. The site visit team members will be:
- Dr Shameer Ali, School of Dentistry, University of Guyana
- Dr Andrea Bonnick, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Howard University
- Dr Paul Major, Department of Dentistry, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Alberta
- Professor Kevin O’Brien, School of Dentistry, University of Manchester
- The University of the West Indies, Mona, School of Dental Medicine
- The University of the West Indies (UWI) School of Veterinary Medicine
A second full site visit is due in 2015.
For more information, visit http://www.caam-hp.org/assessedprogrammes.html
- The University of the West Indies (UWI) School of Veterinary Medicine; second full site visit
- Hothman American University, Turks & Caicos
- Saint James School of Medicine, Jamaica
- Texila American University, Guyana
Represented by: Dr Rodney Tomczak; Dr Husein Othman
Represented by: Dr Kallol Guha
Represented by: Ashok Kumar
The schools listed below initiated the process by submitting the documents required for a New School. However they have not responded to CAAM-HP's request for more information.
- American University of Barbados
- Charleston University School of Medicine, Turks & Caicos
- Weston University, Turks & Caicos
CAAM-HP has had no response to the issues identified in its letter of March 16, 2010.
CAAM-HP has had no response to the issues identified in its letter of March 2, 2010.
CAAM-HP has had no response to the issues identified in its letter of February 22, 2011.
- The Caribbean Accreditation Authority for Education in Medicine and Other Health Professions (CAAM-HP) has been made aware of claims that its Standards are being used by other accreditation bodies to evaluate medical education programmes located in their countries.
CAAM-HP wishes to make it clear that such accreditation exercises CANNOT be interpreted to mean that the CAAM-HP has accredited or approved these programmes. The programmes assessed and accredited by the CAAM-HP, with its independent international mechanisms, are listed on CAAM-HP's web site.
Any further enquiries or uncertainty about the validity of accreditation exercises claiming the approval of CAAM-HP should be directed to the CAAM-HP Secretariat.
Dated: September 9, 2009