- Caribbean Medical University, Curacao
- Spartan Health Sciences University, St Lucia
The school has restarted the process. The documents have been submitted and a site visit is being organised.
The second full site visit took place November 14-21, 2015. The team members:
- Dr Damian Cohall, Lecturer in Pharmacology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, The University of the West Indies, Cave Hill Campus, Barbados
- Professor James McKillop, Retired Professor of Medicine, University of Glasgow, Scotland
- Dr Shamdeo Persaud, Chief Medical Officer, Guyana
- Dr Ian Sammy, Senior Lecturer/Consultant in Emergency Medicine, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of the West Indies
The second full site visit took place October 10-17, 2015. The team members:
- Professor Jonas Addae, Professor of Human Physiology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, The University of the West Indies, St Augustine Campus, Trinidad
- Professor Christopher Stephens, Emeritus Professor of Medical Education, University of Southampton, United Kingdom
- Professor Minerva Thame,Head, Department of Child and Adolescent Health, The University of the West Indies, Mona Campus, Jamaica
- The University of the West Indies (UWI) School of Dentistry, Mona, Jamaica
The first full site visit took place November 3-6, 2015. The team members:
- Professor Ryle Bell, Howard University
- Professor Anthony Blinkhorn, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Sydney
- Professor Paul Major, Department of Dentistry, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Alberta
- The University of the West Indies (UWI) School of Veterinary Medicine
The second full site visit will take place February 14-17, 2016. The team members:
- Professor Sheila Allen, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia
- Professor Thomas Anderson, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Glasgow
- Dr Paul Cadogan, Registered Veterinarian in Private Clinical Practice, Jamaica
For more information, visit http://www.caam-hp.org/assessedprogrammes.html
- Hothman American University, Turks & Caicos
- Saint James School of Medicine, Jamaica
- Texila American University, Guyana
Represented by: Dr Rodney Tomczak; Dr Husein Othman
Represented by: Dr Kallol Guha
Represented by: Ashok Kumar
The schools listed below initiated the process by submitting the documents required for a New School. However they have not responded to CAAM-HP's request for more information.
- American University of Barbados
- Charleston University School of Medicine, Turks & Caicos
- Weston University, Turks & Caicos
CAAM-HP has had no response to the issues identified in its letter of March 16, 2010.
CAAM-HP has had no response to the issues identified in its letter of March 2, 2010.
CAAM-HP has had no response to the issues identified in its letter of February 22, 2011.
Use of CAAM-HP Standards
The Caribbean Accreditation Authority for Education in Medicine and Other Health Professions (CAAM-HP) has been made aware of claims that its Standards are being used by other accreditation bodies to evaluate medical education programmes located in their countries. Read more.
CAAM-HP wishes to make it clear that such accreditation exercises CANNOT be interpreted to mean that the CAAM-HP has accredited or approved these programmes. Programmes assessed and accredited by the CAAM-HP, with its independent international mechanisms, are listed on CAAM-HP's website.
Any further enquiries or uncertainty about the validity of accreditation exercises claiming the approval of CAAM-HP should be directed to the CAAM-HP Secretariat.
Dated: September 9, 2009
The public is hereby advised that CAAM-HP has not authorized any accreditation body or individual to make representation on its behalf in any other fora whether regionally or internationally.
December 4, 2014